Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop all my apple documents converting to pdf?

I have an Apple Macbook. I must have downloaded the free version of adobe at some point. Now, all my pages documents are converted to pdfs. How do I stop this from happening?

Thank you

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 1:48 PM

There are only two ways to make a PDF from a Pages document (.pages) and one is to Export it from Pages to PDF, and the other is to select PDF from the Pages print panel and Save as PDF. There isn't any other application on the planet that can convert a Pages document to PDF.

Now, if the problem is that that nameless Adobe product wants to open PDFs created by Pages, than that is another issue, and can be resolved by right-clicking a PDF and choosing Get Info from the secondary menu. On that Get Info panel, visit the open with section and change Adobe Acrobat to Preview, and then click through the Change All… button to make the changes. From that point, the default opening application for PDFs will be Preview.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 1:48 PM in response to gdiddy789

There are only two ways to make a PDF from a Pages document (.pages) and one is to Export it from Pages to PDF, and the other is to select PDF from the Pages print panel and Save as PDF. There isn't any other application on the planet that can convert a Pages document to PDF.

Now, if the problem is that that nameless Adobe product wants to open PDFs created by Pages, than that is another issue, and can be resolved by right-clicking a PDF and choosing Get Info from the secondary menu. On that Get Info panel, visit the open with section and change Adobe Acrobat to Preview, and then click through the Change All… button to make the changes. From that point, the default opening application for PDFs will be Preview.

How do I stop all my apple documents converting to pdf?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.