Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV disconnects from display for a few seconds when using the back button

I recently purchase the new Apple TV 4K. I've noticed in most of movie/tv apps (Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, Disney+) that when I'm playing the video and press back the Apple TV disconnects from my TV for a few seconds. It will show sometimes that there's no input. I am not sure if this is a problem on my HDMI or the Apple TV device. I used this HDMI before with another Apple TV (prior version with the older trackpad remote but 4K as well). Anybody has any idea? As much as possible, I don't want to change the HDMI as it's behind my wall :-/

Product Name: APPLE TV 4K (64GB)-USA

Product Number: MXH02LL/A

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 2:09 AM

Hi Martianprieto,

I would first try the basics(including a full reboot)

-try the AppleTV settings option : settings > Video and Audio and select Check HDMI Connection

-If your TV has a setup HDMI connection, run it. Check your TV HDMI settings manually.

-try a new HDMI cable

-try a different hdmi port on your TV

otherwise I would contact Apple Support and open a support case.

https://support.apple.com/contact

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 2:09 AM in response to martianprieto

Hi Martianprieto,

I would first try the basics(including a full reboot)

-try the AppleTV settings option : settings > Video and Audio and select Check HDMI Connection

-If your TV has a setup HDMI connection, run it. Check your TV HDMI settings manually.

-try a new HDMI cable

-try a different hdmi port on your TV

otherwise I would contact Apple Support and open a support case.

https://support.apple.com/contact

Feb 7, 2022 3:23 AM in response to martianprieto

I don't want to change the HDMI as it's behind my wall :-/

What kind of HDMI cable? What bandwidth does it support? 5/10/18/48 Gbps?

An important difference between the previous and current 4K models is the HDMI 2.0/2.1 port, which can support 18 or 48 Gbps for some features. With the wrong cables and settings, that might cause glitches. With restrictive settings, it would offer similar video properties as the previous model.

Apple TV disconnects from display for a few seconds when using the back button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.