Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID problem

If I got MacBook Pro from work, can I use my Apple ID without without making problems with my personal MacBook?

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Hi there.

If you don't want your work MacBook Pro to mirror your other desktop and have the same files, then all you have to do is disable iCloud Drive (System Preferences >> Apple ID (or "iCloud") >> Uncheck iCloud Drive. Here you can also disable other iCloud sync services between your personal and work Mac like iMessage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 8:30 AM in response to Yachi007

Hi there.

If you don't want your work MacBook Pro to mirror your other desktop and have the same files, then all you have to do is disable iCloud Drive (System Preferences >> Apple ID (or "iCloud") >> Uncheck iCloud Drive. Here you can also disable other iCloud sync services between your personal and work Mac like iMessage.

Apple ID problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.