Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot cancel my child’s subscription on iPhone.

As a family organizer, I cannot manage my family members’ subscriptions on my ID, that’s clear. But my 15 years old daughter cannot manage her individual subscriptions, as her name is greyed at her iPhone’s Apple ID settings.

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 9:41 AM

If her name is grayed out, it means Restrictions are in place preventing modifications of the account settings.

You would need to go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->Allow Changes->Account Changes and set it to Allow on her iPhone or through family sharing, so she can access the subscriptions she started and can cancel them.

If you set a passcode for Screen Time, you will have to enter it to allow the restrictions to be modified.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Sadamn

If her name is grayed out, it means Restrictions are in place preventing modifications of the account settings.

You would need to go to Settings->Screen Time->Content & Privacy Restrictions->Allow Changes->Account Changes and set it to Allow on her iPhone or through family sharing, so she can access the subscriptions she started and can cancel them.

If you set a passcode for Screen Time, you will have to enter it to allow the restrictions to be modified.

Cannot cancel my child’s subscription on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.