Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to prepare my Mac for resale. I have macOS Monterey 12.2, but SystemPreferences does not show the prompt to erase files from the Mac.

I have a27" Mac, which I am attempting to "slick" in preparation for returning to Mac for some offset for my new 24" Mac. I have macOS Monterey 12.2 installed, but selecting System Preferences does not lead to the "Erase......" prompt. I then tried the "press the power button and wait for the two icons to appear, but the computer simply shuts down and then power up without the two icons appearing. What am I doing wrong?

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 10:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 11:02 AM

You need to follow this Apple document: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support  

Similar questions

2 replies

I am unable to prepare my Mac for resale. I have macOS Monterey 12.2, but SystemPreferences does not show the prompt to erase files from the Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.