Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headset has no output controls on Mac Mini M1

I have a Sennheiser Headset with a USB-A connector. When I plug it into my new Mac Mini M1, it says there are no output controls, hence no way to increase the volume when I'm on a Zoom call. It worked just fine on my older Macbook Pro. Is there a fix?

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 11:51 AM

Quick update. Someone suggested I plug the USB-A connector into a USB-C to USB-A adapter and plugging it into the Mini via a USB-C port. I did that, and voila! I have volume control! So here's a conundrum for those techno nerds out there. Upon plugging it back into a USB-A port, I Still have volume controls without the adapter!? What in the world?? It's almost like the Mini M1 had to be trained using a USB-C port to recognize what it was... weird, but fixed!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 11:51 AM in response to 4StarDad

Quick update. Someone suggested I plug the USB-A connector into a USB-C to USB-A adapter and plugging it into the Mini via a USB-C port. I did that, and voila! I have volume control! So here's a conundrum for those techno nerds out there. Upon plugging it back into a USB-A port, I Still have volume controls without the adapter!? What in the world?? It's almost like the Mini M1 had to be trained using a USB-C port to recognize what it was... weird, but fixed!

Headset has no output controls on Mac Mini M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.