Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I plug my new Apple Watch 7 charger into any of the USB ports? It is a different size.

Why would Apple sell someone an Apple Watch 7 with no adapter so the charger works? 45 minute drive each way back to the apple store.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 1:48 PM

6 replies

Feb 8, 2022 5:12 AM in response to Community User

Whatever happens you will definitely not need to by any wall charger at all. This contrary to any advice from anywhere at all.

If you are very lucky you will still be able use ALL the USB A charger leads you used on older series Apple Watches.

Mine all stopped working on 8.3 update in December and still does not to this day.

My advice if the old still do not work is to buy USB c female to USB a male adapters from Amazon or EBay for the third of the price of a USB c fast charger.

I say adapters because if you buy one you have just the 1 wall charger to take all over the house instead of Watch and yes the new lead in box.

My findings are that fast charger waste of time anyway. The set up in photo shows original iPhone triangular 5w charger charges from 4% to over 80% in 36 minutes. who needs faster?

This until eventually Apple get the software update that they promised would let us use all our old chargers we did with AW7

Feb 7, 2022 2:01 PM in response to Botanapplewatch7icantcharge

If you looked at the "what's in the box" when you bought your watch, you'd have seen, you get the watch and a charging cord, but no charging plug. Apple hasn't included one in Apple Watch or iPhone for the past couple generations. If you had a previous Apple Watch, you could still use that charger. You could plug the USB C cord into most modern laptops or computers. And if you have a Best Buy store near you (as opposed to driving 45 minutes each way to an Apple Store), you could buy a 20w USB C plug at any Best Buy store or order one of more than a hundred options on Amazon.

Why can’t I plug my new Apple Watch 7 charger into any of the USB ports? It is a different size.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.