Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stackshot saved. Hold 6 seconds for analytics

This notification just started appearing on my Apple TV running tvOS 15.3 when I push the pause button while playing a video.

I googled what it meant but I cannot find how to shut this feature back off.

Everything I google says to push the pause & volume button to save a stackshot but I am just pushing the play/pause button on my iPhone, iPad Air 2, or iPad Pro NOT with the volume button.

As a result I am unable to pause any videos or use any function that is accessed after pausing the video.

How do I turn this feature off? Why would it just start doing this? I do not have an Apple TV remote and have always just used my iPhone, iPad Air 2, or iPad Pro.

So my question that google can’t seem to find an answer for is how do I turn this off so I can have a pause/play button again?

Thank you.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 10:15 AM

I was getting this exact problem. I just restarted my appletv and it fixed it. Contemplated resetting and having to set all my apps back up, but no need! Restart did the trick. Settings>System>Restart.

3 replies

Feb 12, 2022 10:30 PM in response to Boy_inthe_city

It is supposed to be invoked by pressing the Play/Pause and Volume Down buttons simultaneously, not by only pressing the Play/Pause button. Watch your grip on the iPhone, that you’re not accidentally pressing the side buttons.

It’s a debugging tool for developers. It stores a log of the current ‘call stack’ which can be transferred back to Xcode on a Mac. The information in it is completely useless to non-developers. You can safely ignore it.

Stackshot saved. Hold 6 seconds for analytics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.