Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install latest supported (by outdated macOS) version of app?

I got old MacBookPro 13 (Early 2011) with macOS High Sierra. I wanted to install some apps (like iMovie, Word and so on) from App Store but I couldn't because latest versions of these apps don't support old macOS systems. There was only "Update" button and message that my system is not supported.

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 10:01 AM

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements

If this computer is Not Listed for Mojave - it can not upgrade any further than High Sierra

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 10:01 AM in response to sashaBizquit-sber

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install.  For Best results use Safari to commence the download as Others may not work.

Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where the download can commence.

macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements

If this computer is Not Listed for Mojave - it can not upgrade any further than High Sierra

Feb 9, 2022 8:58 AM in response to sashaBizquit-sber

You can install an application whose latest version does not support your macOS through the App Store -- Purchases.

If the required application wasn’t purchased, you will have to log in to the App Store running a more up-to-date version of macOS (the latest one is not always necessary - it depends on the specific application you are trying to install). After logging in to the App Store, add this app to your library (via Download button). After adding it, you can install the most up-to-date version of the application on the old macOS through the App Store -- Purchases.

How to install latest supported (by outdated macOS) version of app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.