Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone not alert me when I g et a message. I do wear an Apple Watch which doesn’t give a sound either

Why does my iPhone not make sound when I receive a message. I do wear an Apple Watch that doesn’t make a sound either

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 11:47 AM

1 reply

Feb 9, 2022 10:46 AM in response to della120

Hey della120,

It appears that you're not hearing a notification sound on your iPhone or Apple Watch when you receive a text in the Messages app, and we're glad to provide assistance.

Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you've created a Focus on your iPhone, make sure that the Messages app is allowed to notify you. If you're also sharing the Focus across devices, this could be the reason you're also not hearing a notification sound from your Apple Watch as well.

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support -- If you aren't using a Focus, go to Settings > Notifications > Messages. Scroll doing to Sounds. Tap the sound you've selected to make sure it plays. If it does, scroll back to the top of the screen and turn off "Allow Notifications", then Restart your iPhone - Apple Support. Once your iPhone is back at the Home screen, go back to Settings > Messages and turn Allow Notifications back on and test the issue.

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support -- Also, check the notification settings for the Messages app on your Apple Watch as well.

Please let us know the results when you're able by replying to this post.

All the best.

Why does my iPhone not alert me when I g et a message. I do wear an Apple Watch which doesn’t give a sound either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.