Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can i play music by just one artist?

Since Apple removed the artist by album function (i.e playing all songs by one artist whether it be their own studio albums or from a compilation..), I decided to recreate this function by putting all the artists names into the “composer” section. Everything was working great until the last update. Now if I pick an artist (let’s use Kylie Minogue as an example), when I go into her section, all her studio albums are listed fine, but everything within a compilation (Now 100 for example) lists ALL the songs from that specific album, meaning that if I want to play just Kylie and hit shuffle, all the songs from that compilation album (and any other compilation album she happens to appear on) will get mixed in as well). This is so disappointing as it should be a basic function and once existed perfectly well. This is on my 2020 iPhone SE. Have no idea about any other device. Help please

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:33 PM

You should bring this to Apple's attention using this link:

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply

How can i play music by just one artist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.