You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner / Image Capture painfully slow on macOS 11 & 12

Hello,

I use a Canon MFP and sometime in 2021 I installed an update to macOS11 and scanning using Image Capture all of a sudden became a nightmare. It was taking 1 hour (no joke) to scan one sheet of paper, whatever the settings, low or high. Even the preview would take many long minutes to display.

Did you know that if you disable AirPlay Receiver in System Preferences > Sharing, you'll get back most of the scanner performance? I'd say 95-99%, still not perfect, but way better.

Hope that helps some souls out there.

You're welcome :)

Teo

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 1:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 7:52 AM

AriIoeHau wrote:

Hello,

I use a Canon MFP
and sometime in 2021 I installed an update to macOS11 and scanning using Image Capture

disable AirPlay Receiver in System Preferences > Sharing, you'll get back most of the scanner performance? I'd say 95-99%, still not perfect, but way better.

Maybe there is an update software for your Canon MFP

Welcome to Canon Support

Solve printing/scanner problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 17, 2022 7:52 AM in response to AriIoeHau

AriIoeHau wrote:

Hello,

I use a Canon MFP
and sometime in 2021 I installed an update to macOS11 and scanning using Image Capture

disable AirPlay Receiver in System Preferences > Sharing, you'll get back most of the scanner performance? I'd say 95-99%, still not perfect, but way better.

Maybe there is an update software for your Canon MFP

Welcome to Canon Support

Solve printing/scanner problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

Scanner / Image Capture painfully slow on macOS 11 & 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.