You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haptic feedback stops working randomly

On my apple watch series 7 (watchOS 8.4.1) sometimes the haptic feedback stops working at all.

The only thing that fixes it, is restarting the watch. Toggling haptic feedback on/off doesn’t help.

Last time it happened was about 1 month ago (i think it was watchOS 8.3 back then) and it happened again today.

My alarm didn’t wake me today because of that. I also don’t get haptic feedback when receiving notifications, or scrolling with the crown.

This is a major inconvenience, since waking up to my alarm is crucial.

I didn’t reboot the watch this time, in case there is a way to gather information on how this happened.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 2:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:00 AM

Hi m4chei,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your Apple Watch. As we understand, the haptic feedback works sporadically.

Please try these steps: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

You'll then want to follow: Set up your Apple Watch and then test the issue again.

Let us know what happens.

Have a fantastic day!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2022 7:00 AM in response to m4chei

Hi m4chei,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with your Apple Watch. As we understand, the haptic feedback works sporadically.

Please try these steps: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch.

You'll then want to follow: Set up your Apple Watch and then test the issue again.

Let us know what happens.

Have a fantastic day!

Haptic feedback stops working randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.