Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15.1 remove home screen bottom blurred bar and other basic features missing

I see that Apple is not being pressured enough about the extremely low customizability of iOS home screen. There are few features Android has since like 2005 that Apple has yet to adapt. I recently purchased my first Apple device to give it a try. There are so many inconvenient things that I am not happy about. The most disappointing feature so far is that there is a blurred bar at the bottom of the screen that can't be removed. It covers decent size of the screen and makes the screen look even smaller (It's iPhone SE 2020 model). Can someone explain how this passed quality assurance? Who thought that it's a great idea to cut a portion of the screen wallpaper so the screen would look even smaller. My wallpaper options just got limited by 90% because they don't look good cropped from standard 16:9 to god knows what aspect ratio.

That aside, icons can not be moved and they auto align. That leads to even more screen cover and makes the screen look more like 4:3 and further limits choice of a wallpaper. How come a mere sub 200€ android phone has significantly more customization options that a 600€ iPhone???

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 3:33 AM

You can also create folder and place apps inside, to limit the number of screens or apps on one screen.

Did you already check these articles?

Organize the Home Screen and App Library on your iPhone - Apple Support

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

Did you already update to the latest iOS 15.3 ?

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 10, 2022 9:29 AM in response to SoFarDisappointed

Apparently this is your first Apple iPhone. I suggest you should have a look at the User Guide first, to find out about the differences between Android and iOS, especially since you seem to have mistaken the dock as a display error, that passed quality inspection. Since 2007 every iPhone has that dock at the same place on the screen.

iPhone User Guide - Apple Support

Move apps and widgets on the Home Screen on iPhone - Apple Support

Feb 10, 2022 4:18 AM in response to Ingo2711

Thanks, but I'm not that stupid. As far as I remember I have experience with having and using a mobile phone for at least 20 years. You should be well aware that those links you posted provide no valuable information and are beginner level (beginner as in for a person who thought it's a good idea to have an Apple device as their first ever mobile device). I already placed most of apps on the 2nd page and left 1 folder, 1 app and a calendar widget to minimize screen coverage.

Apple "guides" provide no information regarding any inconvenient problems that customers face, and it looks like those guides were made for people who would call a technician to their home so that technician could teach them how to use a tv remote.

iOS 15.1 remove home screen bottom blurred bar and other basic features missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.