Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods connected but phone still playing music

Hi there,

My AirPods are showing as connected in settings but music is still playing out of my phone.

When I click play on music or turn the volume on whilst on Instagram, my phone freezes and takes ages to play any sound. I try to switch it to where the music plays from, and its as if it tries to and then just stops (see picture).

I have switched my phone off, updated to the latest iOS, tried forgetting the AirPods and reconnecting.

At a loss of what else is left to try!

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 7:38 AM

Hey fish4312,

It sounds like you're having trouble with your AirPods because sound is coming from the iPhone.

Follow the steps listed here to reset the AirPods, then connect them again to see if that resolves the issue: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support. If you're still having trouble, try connecting the AirPods to another device to see if they work properly, which can help isolate the issue.

Cheers. 

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 7:38 AM in response to fish4312

Hey fish4312,

It sounds like you're having trouble with your AirPods because sound is coming from the iPhone.

Follow the steps listed here to reset the AirPods, then connect them again to see if that resolves the issue: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support. If you're still having trouble, try connecting the AirPods to another device to see if they work properly, which can help isolate the issue.

Cheers. 

AirPods connected but phone still playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.