Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie and OS Update

Hi,

I am trying to import video from a sony digital video cam to my iMac (late 2013) It is running on Catalina version 10.15.7. However, I cannot find iMovie anywhere on the mac. No problem I thought, I'll just download it from the app store. This is where all my issues appear to stem from.

I can open the app page for iMovies, but it will not download as it states I must upgrade the OS to Version 11.5.1 or later. I have been through System preferences and software update to find it, but the only message I get is that my system is up to date. I don't know why it won't let me update. I can't even find it in the app store. I've even tried to find an earlier iMovie to download, but can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help, that would be fantastic. Thanks.

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 8:07 AM

If you have had iMovie previously then it should show up in your " Purchases " in the App Store.

Go into the App Store and click on your Account bottom left of page.

Sign into the App Store with your Apple ID.

See if iMovie is listed on the Purchased page, and download if given that option.

If offered to you it will say that the latest version cannot be obtained but a version compatible with your current OS can be.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 8:07 AM in response to smudger92

If you have had iMovie previously then it should show up in your " Purchases " in the App Store.

Go into the App Store and click on your Account bottom left of page.

Sign into the App Store with your Apple ID.

See if iMovie is listed on the Purchased page, and download if given that option.

If offered to you it will say that the latest version cannot be obtained but a version compatible with your current OS can be.

iMovie and OS Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.