Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone number expiring on imessage and facetime?

i recently changed providers (o2 to three) and have kept my old number. it’s finally switched back to my old number but my phone continues to say my number is going to expire and the temporary number three gave me is registered to my phone instead? is this something that’s going to sort itself out or do i need to do something?

(i’ve tried everything from restarting my phone several times, taking the sim card out and putting it back in and signing out of my apple account and nothing has worked so far)

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:40 AM

!! FIXED !!

i actually managed to fix the problem with the following method:

• sign out of imessage and facetime (settings > message > turn off imessage | settings > facetime > turn off facetime) 
  • take out sim card
  • turn off phone
  • insert sim card
  • turn on phone and make sure number is correct (settings > phone > my number) (in this case i didn’t put +44 just 0)
  • turn on imessage and facetime (the number i inputted came up under the expired number and i clicked it and BOOM! expiring notice disappeared) 

hope this helps anyone who was freaking out like i was !

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 10:40 AM in response to ch44rlies

!! FIXED !!

i actually managed to fix the problem with the following method:

• sign out of imessage and facetime (settings > message > turn off imessage | settings > facetime > turn off facetime) 
  • take out sim card
  • turn off phone
  • insert sim card
  • turn on phone and make sure number is correct (settings > phone > my number) (in this case i didn’t put +44 just 0)
  • turn on imessage and facetime (the number i inputted came up under the expired number and i clicked it and BOOM! expiring notice disappeared) 

hope this helps anyone who was freaking out like i was !

Feb 10, 2022 9:54 AM in response to ch44rlies

ch44rlies wrote:

i recently changed providers (o2 to three) and have kept my old number. it’s finally switched back to my old number but my phone continues to say my number is going to expire and the temporary number three gave me is registered to my phone instead? is this something that’s going to sort itself out or do i need to do something?

(i’ve tried everything from restarting my phone several times, taking the sim card out and putting it back in and signing out of my apple account and nothing has worked so far)
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ae4ab56b-573b-43e8-bbc8-d5f9ad5b0253

Sign out and sign back into the imessage and facetime.

phone number expiring on imessage and facetime?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.