Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M1 screen issues

Let me preface this by saying I am a full time user of the Zoom accessibility setting. So two things. First? After I exit Final Cut Pro, though this has also happened once in Affinity Photo, the screen washes out. Please see the example in the photos. Second: after a restart or otherwise login to the system, the magnifier is on? Then immediately shuts off and resets. I tried an OS reinstall? Nothing. I have a Genius appointment set up for next week, but I wanted to see what everyone else may think as well? Hardware diagnostics conducted by me returned zilch.

before (above) and after exiting FCP (below)

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 3:18 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2022 4:33 PM in response to robfrom

A quick update. This washout I am pretty sure is the screen flickering, as the last time I tried using FCP and the magnifier, it definitely started to flicker until the magnifier was switched off. My educated guess is there's an issue either with FCP, the magnifier, or the display itself. Still have Genius set up for next week, but if anyone has any ideas...?

Mar 11, 2022 12:39 AM in response to robfrom

Second update. Pretty sure it’s linked to the magnifier, as having zoom off it performs as it should… I have since reporter it to the FCP developers, but if anyone sees this and may have some insight? Let me know. I’m on Monterrey and I am pretty sure I saw the same thing in Big Sur… but it’s honestly been so long I can’t quite remember now. Any ideas?

MacBook Air M1 screen issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.