Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet accounts error

"Here is what happens

System Preferences->Internet Accounts. Click Google to add a new account. Pop up says that I need to authenticate using my browser and has a button to cancel and a button to open safari. Click open safari. Nothing happens. Safari does not open if closed and does not open a window for me to be able to enter credentials if it is open. New pop up opens without me doing anything. This pop up says failed to authenticate.

Same thing happens if I click Yahoo, so it’s not a Google issue.

Safari works. I can open it and go to any website. I can log into a google account in Safari. We can add the Google to Mail but only if we go to accounts other and manually add imap or smtp servers. However we are not using Calendar because we cannot add a Google account because we never get the opportunity to authenticate in the internet accounts preference pane. The preference pane will not open a browser window in order to add the account."

This is what happens, is not a google thing, so please, don't say it's a google thing, be smarter :)

its just the pop up that will never ever load when requested from the internet account options. I can use safari with my google (and any other account) but is not working for Internet Accounts

I am using a Macbook Pro M1m running Monterey 12.0.1

It's 2022-02-10 and I copied and pasted this issue from a question on 2020... I'm just guessing that this brand has not yet solved the issue and maybe nobody knows how to solve it...

But here goes nothing...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:43 PM

Have you tried adding accounts in safe mode for troubleshooting?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (Takes longer to boot)

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 10:43 PM in response to aetherial

Have you tried adding accounts in safe mode for troubleshooting?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support (Takes longer to boot)

NoteSafe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

Internet accounts error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.