Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone shows location in another state

When I sign into Facebook or Instagram, my iPhone shows a location that is an another state (far away- where I have never been). I noticed this after my Facebook account was hacked. When it was hacked, I changed all my passwords in all my accounts. Since that time, I have checked my phone settings and my location is enabled, my Maps shows the correct location and I have no other issues. My phone is also up to date and I have tried deleting Maps and reinstalling it and also have restarted my phone multiple times. When I sign into those accounts with my MacBook, the location is correct. Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:37 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2022 2:09 PM in response to Verge1

Hi Verge1,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities! From our understanding, when using Facebook or Instagram, you are seeing the incorrect location for those apps, is that right? You mentioned checking that your location was turned on in Settings, did you that it was specifically enabled for those apps?

Check out this article: Control the location information you share on iPhone under the section titled "Review or change an app’s ongoing access to location information."

You should also confirm there are no updates available for those apps in the App Store: How to manually update apps on your Apple device.

Have a good one!

Feb 12, 2022 2:27 PM in response to Trish313

Yes, when using Facebook or Instagram, I am seeing the incorrect location. My location settings are turned on for both apps. I also already checked out the article you linked (and I checked it out again) and my phone has all the right settings enabled. I also confirmed before and now that there are no updates available for both apps, maps and my phone. As I also indicated in my post, I also uninstalled and reinstalled maps without any luck.

Do you have any ideas? I am guessing from your post, the answer is no. That being said, does anyone out there have any ideas? Please don't respond with repetitive information if you don't.

iPhone shows location in another state

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.