Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone battery drains when turned off

I just got a brand new iPhone 13 mini. I only use it for texts, calls and the camera. I charged it to 100% yesterday. When I turned it off last night it was at 94%. When I turned it on this morning it had gone down to 89%. I checked the battery activity for the night and there was none. So why has the battery drained by 5% overnight when the phone had been turned off?

I have done all the battery life hacks to try and help. Which I did last night. The only thing I haven't done is updated the firmware or done a factory reset.

I set up the phone by transferring from my old iPhone 7. Not a fresh setup.

The phone is currently on iOS 15.0.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 1:28 AM

Hi. The phone was at 87%. I turned it off for 10 minutes. When I turned it back on it had gone down to 83%. This would suggest the boot up is draining the battery.

Does this mean the battery is toast?

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 12, 2022 6:10 AM in response to munclesmubb

I reinstalled all my old phone stuff to make the 13 mini like it was this morning before the factory reset. I have turned it on and off leaving it for different time periods. It now doesn't have the problem. For some reason turning it off leaving it for 10-30 minutes about 10 times has fixed the problem. The factory reset did nothing nor did the battery life hacks. Just turning it on and off seams to have fixed it.

I will leave this up so if anyone has the same problem they can see what I did.

New iPhone battery drains when turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.