Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lots of music in my library is now grey and "not available in my country", but yet they play if I go to the Apple Music page

Tried playing some music today and I noticed a lot of my music is now greyed out. Since I use Apple Music I assumed it was some licensing issue or whatever and that the songs are no longer available to stream. When I try to play them through my iPhone or iTunes libraries the songs are grey and I get the message that they're no longer available in my country, however, if I browse for those songs in Apple Music they are there and play fine. My problem is when I try to add those songs again to my library nothing happens. If I delete the greyed out song from my library and add the one that plays through Apple Music, it does NOT add to my library.

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 7:44 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 13, 2022 8:28 AM in response to gldoorii

Hi gldoorii,

It appears that you're seeing a lot of grayed out music, even though the music isn't grayed out when searching for it in Apple Music. If you haven't yet, you could see if restarting your iPhone may help: Restart your iPhone It can seem like a simple step, but it can sometimes help resolve issues.

Another step you can take is to ensure your iPhone is fully updated, to see if that may help as well. If there is an available update, you'll want to backup and update as seen in the articles below:

Let us know if those steps help or if the issue continues.

Take care.

Lots of music in my library is now grey and "not available in my country", but yet they play if I go to the Apple Music page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.