Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro 14'' could not charge my iPad Pro 2018

I have a MacBook pro 14'' with M1 Max and it only allow data transfer but not charging for the iPad. The iPad says it's charging for a few second then went off. I an using the Apple iPad cable.

This issue does not happen with my intel MBP 2017 at all.

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 8:45 AM

Hi Dylan3618,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see your iPad doesn't seem to be consistently charging when connected to a MacBook Pro. We'd like to see if we can help out.

Does the same thing happen if connect another iPad or iPhone to the Mac? Knowing that will help narrow this down a bit.

Also, is your Mac connected to a power supply? If not, try that to see if it makes a difference.

Best wishes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 8:45 AM in response to Dylan3618

Hi Dylan3618,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We see your iPad doesn't seem to be consistently charging when connected to a MacBook Pro. We'd like to see if we can help out.

Does the same thing happen if connect another iPad or iPhone to the Mac? Knowing that will help narrow this down a bit.

Also, is your Mac connected to a power supply? If not, try that to see if it makes a difference.

Best wishes.

M1 MacBook Pro 14'' could not charge my iPad Pro 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.