Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hack

Saw that there were several folks who felt their iPhone had been hacked in the last few days. I got a Pop-up saying it was being hacked as I used it. I shut it down and then reopened. My passcode worked to reopen but when I went to change my password the passcode would not work. So I shut down again for awhile. This morning I went to try to change my password and had no problem.

this is the 2nd time I have had that Pop-up.

I prefer Apple because of their security and have never had any problems in 15 years.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:48 AM

Bearing in mind that an iPhone, unless jailbroken or not updated, cannot be hacked remotely, the important thing is to ignore those scam attempts and NEVER respond (tap/click) on any link(s) they might show.

See this support article:--> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Malicious websites should be avoided, and if it happens again, it's a good practice to clear Safari history and coockies, then restart the iPhone. In addition, yes, change your Apple ID password.

Regards

Giulio

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 8:48 AM in response to 727ck

Bearing in mind that an iPhone, unless jailbroken or not updated, cannot be hacked remotely, the important thing is to ignore those scam attempts and NEVER respond (tap/click) on any link(s) they might show.

See this support article:--> Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Malicious websites should be avoided, and if it happens again, it's a good practice to clear Safari history and coockies, then restart the iPhone. In addition, yes, change your Apple ID password.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone hack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.