Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Functionality lost when going from IBooks author to Pages.

I was creating a syllabus with links, pop-ups, etc.. in IBooks author. Apple has moved this stuff to Pages. But when I or someone else opens my syllabus in Pages, none of the links or pop ups work. Is there a remedy?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 6:09 AM

No remedy yet. Apple has not moved any iBooks Author functionality to Pages 10.1 or later, but has permitted Pages to open iBooks Author (.iba) documents and retain the general appearance. You can read more about what that translation includes in Import your iBooks Author book into Pages for Mac.

Only the Pages product team, who do not participate here, know the future of iBooks Author feature set migration to future Pages products, or their potential introduction timeframe.

Although Apple suggested that iBooks Author would only continue to work on macOS Catalina, I have found that it works on all releases of Big Sur through 11.6.3, and continues to launch on macOS Monterey 12.2.1. There is no assurance however, that it will continue to work on future versions of Monterey.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 6:09 AM in response to fredmarkette

No remedy yet. Apple has not moved any iBooks Author functionality to Pages 10.1 or later, but has permitted Pages to open iBooks Author (.iba) documents and retain the general appearance. You can read more about what that translation includes in Import your iBooks Author book into Pages for Mac.

Only the Pages product team, who do not participate here, know the future of iBooks Author feature set migration to future Pages products, or their potential introduction timeframe.

Although Apple suggested that iBooks Author would only continue to work on macOS Catalina, I have found that it works on all releases of Big Sur through 11.6.3, and continues to launch on macOS Monterey 12.2.1. There is no assurance however, that it will continue to work on future versions of Monterey.

Functionality lost when going from IBooks author to Pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.