Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Sierra on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13inch

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro 13" that is currently running Sierra 10.12.6 ... I'm trying to upgrade it to Catalina ideally so I can download the apps I need. When I go to try to upgrade through App Store it says no updates. If I try to go to the links on Safari via the Apple Support site it doesn't give me the option to download/open the installer in the App Store. Any suggestions on how to get this to work? Everything I've researched says my mac can run Catalina and gives me no clue as to why I can't get to the download/install option.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 2:18 PM

Copy and paste:

macappstore://apps.apple.com/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?mt=12

(214063)

6 replies

Feb 13, 2022 2:40 PM in response to risajohnson

When I told Apple rep I have an iMac Late 12 using Catalina 13.1.2 than crashed and Apple recommended wiping the disk, she told me I could not be using that version because my Mac would only handle Catalina 10.8.5. I told her an Apple rep put it on my computer she still would not believe it. I'm trying to get back to that version and cannot find it on Apple Store or on Apple.com. I have gotten as far as Sierra 12.6. Troubles in that it wants a "Local Items" keychain password and a Keychain password, which I don't know what they are and can't find out what they are. I've tried my Login password and my Apple ID and neither work. I'm stuck; what can I do?

Loraine

Upgrading Sierra on a Mid 2012 MacBook Pro 13inch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.