Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a hidden photos album on my iPad, iPhone and Mac. However, on my Mac, the photos remain visible on the “recents” album. How can I hide them?

How can I actually hide the photos on the Mac?

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 9:52 AM

The behaviour of hidden photos has changed between system versions. In " OS X 10.11", as shown below your question, hiding has been only meant as a way to hide photos from the Moments, to make the Moments more manageable. It has not been intended as a way to keep photos secret. Hidden photos have still been visible in all albums. This has changed in the more recent System versions. I am not sure, when it has changed, but at least since macOS 10.14 Mojave a hidden photos will be hidden everywhere and only visible in the Hidden album.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 9:52 AM in response to warrenfromwarren

The behaviour of hidden photos has changed between system versions. In " OS X 10.11", as shown below your question, hiding has been only meant as a way to hide photos from the Moments, to make the Moments more manageable. It has not been intended as a way to keep photos secret. Hidden photos have still been visible in all albums. This has changed in the more recent System versions. I am not sure, when it has changed, but at least since macOS 10.14 Mojave a hidden photos will be hidden everywhere and only visible in the Hidden album.

I have a hidden photos album on my iPad, iPhone and Mac. However, on my Mac, the photos remain visible on the “recents” album. How can I hide them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.