Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive error

After a reboot my iCloud Drive works fine.

After some use, it stops working. I can tell when it's not working because the Finder window title changes from "iCloud Drive" to "com~apple~CloudDocs".

Once this happens I am unable to transfer files to or from iCloud Drive. Any attempted transfer results in the OS error message "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8058)". From then on it looks like any use of files on iCloud Drive are actually occurring only on the local copy of iCloud Drive. I've tried everything I can think of to restore the correct iCloud Drive link, but no luck. Of course, rebooting fixes for some period of time before it tanks again.

I have Googled error code -8058 but I can't find it listed anywhere.

I'm currently using Monterey (12.1) but this also happened on earlier OSes. I was hoping the upgrade to Monterey would fix it, but it hasn't.

Any ideas what's going on or how I can restore the connection short of rebooting?

--

Keith

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 2:01 AM

First update to 12.2.1 which was released on 2/10

Next try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 13, 2022 3:23 AM in response to kedsmac

As previous suggested the update to current version 12.2.1 released Feb 10, 2022 bring may bug and security fixes.

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS.

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

Feb 14, 2022 12:08 PM in response to lllaass

The update to 12.2.1 appears to have fixed the problem. I can't yet be certain because the problem occurred at varying times after a reboot. But it's been long enough now that I think I can declare it fixed.

Now I'm wondering why my Mac didn't automatically update, which I have it set to do. Or, at least why it didn't alert me that a new update was available? But that's just a curiosity, it isn't important.

Thanks,

--

Keith

iCloud Drive error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.