Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Password Incorrect for CardDAV in Contacts

Every time I use or update Contacts, I receive two error messages: Password Incorrect, Enter the password for the CardDAV account "Contacts" and the same message saying I should update the account "Google" I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 14.8.

The earlier explanations don't make sense to me.

Thanks.

iPhone 8

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 11:42 PM

Add Gmail account on the iOS mail app and enable iCloud. I do not know why you have used CardDav for Gmail.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 11:42 PM in response to Garaveen5

Add Gmail account on the iOS mail app and enable iCloud. I do not know why you have used CardDav for Gmail.

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else add the email account that stores your contacts.

Password Incorrect for CardDAV in Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.