Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Type CARD dav password - then incorrect password

On my iPhone 11..This has been going on for quite a while I have no idea what the CARD DAV i.,I feel this is the reason why a lot of the contacts that I update or add from WhatsApp do not get saved so my contacts are from my Gmail account and syncs to cloud But many seem to be missing especially additions I’ve made in the last year . In hindsight , I also feel it could be because of the CARD DAV. and I’m just not able to sort it out I’ve even gone to the two factor authentication at Google but I do not have an app specific password. I’ve also tried some of the other methods of double checking my Gmail password but nothing seems to be working. Wd really appreciate some help because this is getting irritating also affecting something very important which is my contacts, additions to contacts and update contacts which seem to be missing.

Thank you so much

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 6:10 AM

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Sherules

Unlike some Android devices, contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts were on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks, and more using ...

Else Add the email account that stores your contacts in the IOS mail app and enable Contacts. If you have a corporate email account added through a profile on your device, please check with your organisation's system administrator.

Aug 25, 2022 6:10 AM in response to Sherules

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

Type CARD dav password - then incorrect password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.