Related Article: What to do before you sell, give away, trade in, or recycle your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Active mac.

How to activate my macbook. Its say select a wifi network from the menu or attach a network cable to proceed. But i don’t see the wifi button on right side corner.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 8:07 PM

ila246 Said:

"Active mac.: How to activate my macbook. Its say select a wifi network from the menu or attach a network cable to proceed. But i don’t see the wifi button on right side corner."

-------

Troubleshooting WiFi

I Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

II. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

III. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

IV. Use Ethernet:

If you cannot connect to WiFi, then use Ethernet. This is the adapter you would use, connecting the cable from the computer to your router: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 8:07 PM in response to ila246

ila246 Said:

"Active mac.: How to activate my macbook. Its say select a wifi network from the menu or attach a network cable to proceed. But i don’t see the wifi button on right side corner."

-------

Troubleshooting WiFi

I Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

II. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

III. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

IV. Use Ethernet:

If you cannot connect to WiFi, then use Ethernet. This is the adapter you would use, connecting the cable from the computer to your router: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple Support

Active mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.