Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activate MacBook Pro

I erased my MacBook Pro to give it to my husband. When I try to Activate it, it says to select a Wi-Fi network, but there isn’t a place to enter or click onto our network. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2022 9:46 AM

System Preferences > Network. Click the "+" to add a network. You have to manually create your network (home LAN) the first time.

You should see your network name if its broadcasting it. In that case select it. If not broadcasting, you'll need to know the exact name of your network and its password. You need the password in any case.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2022 9:46 AM in response to SomewhereNearHere

System Preferences > Network. Click the "+" to add a network. You have to manually create your network (home LAN) the first time.

You should see your network name if its broadcasting it. In that case select it. If not broadcasting, you'll need to know the exact name of your network and its password. You need the password in any case.

Activate MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.