Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working

I have and iPhone and so does a friend of mine. I’m trying to talk with them through iMessage, but my iphone thinks they have an android phone and only sends normal SMS. Any ideas?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:05 PM

Mausancho2003 Said:

"iMessage not working: I have and iPhone and so does a friend of mine. I’m trying to talk with them through iMessage, but my iphone thinks they have an android phone and only sends normal SMS. Any ideas?"

-------

Go Here: If you can't Send or Receive Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 9:05 PM in response to Mausancho2003

Mausancho2003 Said:

"iMessage not working: I have and iPhone and so does a friend of mine. I’m trying to talk with them through iMessage, but my iphone thinks they have an android phone and only sends normal SMS. Any ideas?"

-------

Go Here: If you can't Send or Receive Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Feb 12, 2022 9:07 PM in response to Mausancho2003

Can you send iMessages (Blue Bubble) to other iPhones except this friend? If YES, then the iMessages at your end is setup properly. What about your friend’s iPhone? Is that iPhone able to send iMessages to other iPhones except yours?

What I am trying to get to is to ensure that both of your iPhones are setup correctly for iMessages. If one of the iPhones is not setup correctly in Settings ➡️ Messages, then only SMS (Green Bubble) messages will work.

Axel F.

iMessage not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.