Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random scrolling on Apple TV even though remote is not being touched

My Apple TV 4K is malfunctioning. It randomly ques my shows as if im pressing the holding down the tv monitor button to select another opened app. Then it randomly starting scrolling through apps. All the while I’m not touch the remote. I’ve tried resetting and restarting and unpairing the remote. Nothing has worked. All software is updated and it’s only a month of use

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 1:31 AM

Hi Chandal,

start with the support document to be sure all these have been tried:

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

-A physical examination of the Siri remote shows no damage?

The most basic check I’d suggest is unpair the Siri Remote and temporarily put it away. Then on your iPhone or iPad, bring up control center using the top right swipe down and press the remote app. Now control your AppleTV with the remote app and perform the actions that may/would cause the unintended on screen events to occur.

-Did the same issues occur with the Siri remote unpaired and out of the control loop?

If they do not occur then I’d open a case with Apple Support. If only a month old, the Siri remote may need repair or replacing (I’d let them know you performed the actions noted above).

If the same unintended on screen events occurred, based on how strange these events are and the device being only a month old, I’d also go to Apple Support for the AppleTV box itself.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 1:31 AM in response to chandal

Hi Chandal,

start with the support document to be sure all these have been tried:

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

-A physical examination of the Siri remote shows no damage?

The most basic check I’d suggest is unpair the Siri Remote and temporarily put it away. Then on your iPhone or iPad, bring up control center using the top right swipe down and press the remote app. Now control your AppleTV with the remote app and perform the actions that may/would cause the unintended on screen events to occur.

-Did the same issues occur with the Siri remote unpaired and out of the control loop?

If they do not occur then I’d open a case with Apple Support. If only a month old, the Siri remote may need repair or replacing (I’d let them know you performed the actions noted above).

If the same unintended on screen events occurred, based on how strange these events are and the device being only a month old, I’d also go to Apple Support for the AppleTV box itself.

Random scrolling on Apple TV even though remote is not being touched

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.