Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods + Apple Watch: no controll over call volume yet

I noticed that it is not possible to control the volume of the AirPods from Apple Watch during phone calls while it is possible when playing music or videos. I also found that this issue has been discussed here in at least 3 other posts since 2017, the last of which was posted in 2021, with no clear answer.

As all this time has passed since the issue has bene found, i would like to know clearly if Apple is going to do something about it because the ability to controll AirPods volume without taking the iphone from the pocket during phone calls is one of the main reason i choosed Apple ecosystem therefore this could be a serious lack of function for customers like me.

thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 4:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2022 11:15 PM

umbe317 Said:

"AirPods + Apple Watch: no controll over call volume yet: this could be a serious lack of function for customers like me."

-------

Recommend this to Apple:

Do Your Part:  If you keep updating your items, and you keep coming across this issue, then apparently, it is not be reported enough. So, recommend this feature this to Apple. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in model to come.

Apple Feedback Info:

1. Go here: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can be useful to fellow users. Include a link to this post: (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253662683)
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2022 11:15 PM in response to umbe317

umbe317 Said:

"AirPods + Apple Watch: no controll over call volume yet: this could be a serious lack of function for customers like me."

-------

Recommend this to Apple:

Do Your Part:  If you keep updating your items, and you keep coming across this issue, then apparently, it is not be reported enough. So, recommend this feature this to Apple. The more feedback Apple receives on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what to include in model to come.

Apple Feedback Info:

1. Go here: Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: on why you want this to be an option, and how it can be useful to fellow users. Include a link to this post: (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253662683)
  4. Proceed from there as necessary.

Feb 14, 2022 12:13 PM in response to umbe317

umbe317 Said:

"AirPods + Apple Watch: […]4 years seem enough time for me to give an answer

———-

Getting this Feature:

It does seem like enough time. But, these are just discussions forums, meaning we are all users like yourself. So, no one here would know where this all stands.

Contact a Developer:

If you look in the App Store, then maybe there is an app that looks similar to this. You’d contact the Developer of the app, asking them if they have an app released yet that will perform this. Their Contact Us information will be on the app’s site of the App Store.

Ask this in the Developer Forums:

Being this is all about coding and creating an app of sorts, another place to consider asking this might be in the Developer Forums. You might get a better answer in there as to where such an idea this all stands, seeing what fellow Apple users such as yourself have to say on this. The Link: https://developer.apple.com/forums/

Feb 14, 2022 6:23 AM in response to TheLittles

Thank you for the hints. I’ve already sent a feedback. However since the problem has been discussed in more than a couple of posts in the last 4 years, I would like to know if and when Apple will do something about it or on the contrary there will be no implementation of this feature. 4 years seem enough time for me to give an answer

Feb 14, 2022 2:36 PM in response to TheLittles

Again thank you, i really appriciate you are spending your time on this but i think the problem is related to OS / firmware so app developer don't deal with it. The aim of this post, hoping a moderator or someone who asked about the problem yet could see it, is just to understand if Apple is doing / going to do something about it Since there is no response when you post a feedback and moreover, the question has been known for several years.

Feb 14, 2022 7:32 PM in response to umbe317

umbe317 Said:

"Again thank you, i really appriciate you are spending your time on this but i think the problem is related to OS / firmware so app developer don't deal with it. The aim of this post, hoping a moderator or someone who asked about the problem yet could see it, is just to understand if Apple is doing / going to do something about it Since there is no response when you post a feedback and moreover, the question has been known for several years."

-------

Not being Reported Enough:

As a fellow participant of these forums, the best I can say that if it has been going on for years, then why hasn't any change taken place? The answer is that people just aren't reporting it by providing feedback. So, at least do your part in letting Apple know about this, using the feedback forum. That may change this.

AirPods + Apple Watch: no controll over call volume yet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.