Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod latest update is too buggy

I love the sound quality of these speakers but they have become nearly useless as I have to reboot them all the time. It is easier to just grab my headphones to listen to music. It is very irritating that I now have expensive paper weights.

HomePod, 15

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 8:03 PM

Hi Btbpsm, if your HomePod is still under warranty or under AppleCare+, I'd suggest opening a case with Apple Support.

Official Apple Support

You can also leave official product feedback if the latest update has caused united issues for you. Feedback is valuable

Product Feedback - Apple

Outside of that, what are your use cases that are causing issues?

-Playing Apple Music natively and the music stops playing?

-AirPlaying to the HomePod from your iPhone?

-Requests to Siri not giving responses or not completing the requested action?

I'd definitely look at Wi-Fi to see if the throughput with HomePod is having issues. Channel selection, antenna/placement, I've even heard of (though not seen personally) of electronic devices such as lamps near HomePod causing issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2022 8:03 PM in response to btbpsm

Hi Btbpsm, if your HomePod is still under warranty or under AppleCare+, I'd suggest opening a case with Apple Support.

Official Apple Support

You can also leave official product feedback if the latest update has caused united issues for you. Feedback is valuable

Product Feedback - Apple

Outside of that, what are your use cases that are causing issues?

-Playing Apple Music natively and the music stops playing?

-AirPlaying to the HomePod from your iPhone?

-Requests to Siri not giving responses or not completing the requested action?

I'd definitely look at Wi-Fi to see if the throughput with HomePod is having issues. Channel selection, antenna/placement, I've even heard of (though not seen personally) of electronic devices such as lamps near HomePod causing issue.

HomePod latest update is too buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.