Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to set up my mail for the first time and its telling me "unable to verify account name and password" even though they are correct. I am able to sign in to my hotmail online so I know the name and password are correct. Can anyone help?

I am trying to set up my mail for the first time and it's telling me "unable to verify account name and password" even though they are correct. I am able to sign in to my email online so I know the hotmail name and password are correct.

I don't understand what the problem is. One of the main reasons I got a new computer is because the mail on my old Mac stopped working. This computer is BRAND NEW! Why won't it work one here either?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 14, 2022 12:19 PM in response to BCHeidi

Please contact AppleCare, if you do not know the phone number in your area please click AppleCare contact Information. Ensure you have been in touch with your ISP to learn all the settings needed to set up for email before calling AppleCare. This includes manually logging into Hotmail using the Hotmail website to verify the settings you think are are correct, actually are.

I am trying to set up my mail for the first time and its telling me "unable to verify account name and password" even though they are correct. I am able to sign in to my hotmail online so I know the name and password are correct. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.