You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sign into the iTunes store" keeps popping up

"Sign into the iTunes store" keeps popping up and no matter how many times I type in my correct password it just immediately pops up after. It will not let me quit the application and I need to do so in order to restart my computer for an update. I have tried to delete the application but it cannot delete while it is still open and it won't close or quit.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 5:32 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2022 11:41 AM in response to pinktulip1200

Hello pinktulip1200,

We see you're having issues with a prompt to sign into the iTunes Store, and we'd be happy to help out.

Regarding needing to close the app to complete a macOS update, you may try force quitting the app with these steps: How to force an app to quit on your Mac

After force quitting, you should be able to shut the Mac down.

After it restarts, if the issue still persists then there are a few things to check out.

Check to see if the date and time are set accurately at System Preferences > Date & Time.

It can also help to try sign into the Apple ID website here, just to confirm that works successfully: Manage your Apple ID

There are also some steps specifically for issues connecting to the App here: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

Cheers.

"Sign into the iTunes store" keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.