Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app crashes! 😓😓

Is anyone else having the same issue? Every time that I open the Mail app and I try to click on the filter button the app just crashes, I do not get any error messages or anything.

At some point I thought I was having some type of its storage issue with my 12 pro max but now I just upgraded to 13 Pro Max with 512 gigs. Having the same issue!! Any help please?

Posted on Feb 14, 2022 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 11:59 AM

Hello Jon_Merlo,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with your Mail app crashing when accessing the filter option. To start, try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If you need to uninstall the app and reinstall it, follow the steps listed here: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Jon_Merlo

Hello Jon_Merlo,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with your Mail app crashing when accessing the filter option. To start, try the steps listed here to see if they resolve the issue: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

If you need to uninstall the app and reinstall it, follow the steps listed here: Delete built-in Apple apps from the Home Screen on your iOS 14 or later or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Apr 24, 2022 10:37 AM in response to ryane77

I have the same issue. Not only uninstalling and reinstalling didn’t help, issue is still there after I upgraded my phone and migrated my settings from the old phone. Also disabling mail in iCloud and enabling it doesn’t help. Is there any way to completely wipe clean the data associated with Mail app besides setting up a new phone from scratch and not restoring any data from backup?

Apr 25, 2022 1:30 PM in response to Hooman

I'm experiencing the issue as well for a few months now. I have an iphone 11 Pro Max with the latest software. I suspect there is something corrupted that is not being reset by the disable/restart techniques suggested. I hope someone can pinpoint.

It is specific to my devices (iphone, ipad). It doesn't occur with my son's identical device (same OS level also). This is why I think is something associated with my user account.

Mail app crashes! 😓😓

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.