Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rearrange folders in Mail

I am working on a MacBook Pro Monterey 12.0.1 in the Mail app 15.0.

I want to rearrange my mailboxes, but I cannot drag the mailboxes to where I want them.

Apparently it has to do with the new iMap system where Mail mirrors webmail of your email host.

Apple Support is unable to help.

Is there any solution to this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 1:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 4:39 AM

Where are the folders you want to move and where are you trying to move them.

You can only move folders within the account they belong. The Mailbox list is organized as Favorites, and each account.

If you are trying to move them from an account into favorites, ctrl-click on the folder and, Add to Favorites. The folder will remain in the account section, but will be accessible from Favorites.

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 4:39 AM in response to Heli22

Where are the folders you want to move and where are you trying to move them.

You can only move folders within the account they belong. The Mailbox list is organized as Favorites, and each account.

If you are trying to move them from an account into favorites, ctrl-click on the folder and, Add to Favorites. The folder will remain in the account section, but will be accessible from Favorites.

Use favorite mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Rearrange folders in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.