Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control volume and brightness on external monitors connected by Displayport and/or HDMI monitor?

I am looking for a way to control volume (of monitor speakers connected by displayport) as well as brightness for the same monitor as well as another. I would like to be able to do this from an external keyboard when my MacBook is in clamshell mode.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:59 AM

I found the answer after a brief search through stack exchange. The solution that worked for me was to use the FREE and open source Monitor Control found on Github.

Monitor Control

The instructions are simple to follow and the result is full control of the brightness and volume levels on the external monitors. Now, the volume up/down keys on my external keyboard work. To change brightness, use the scroll lock and pause/break keys on non-mac keyboards.

I have been looking for this for a loooooong time.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2022 2:59 AM in response to nitramwin

I found the answer after a brief search through stack exchange. The solution that worked for me was to use the FREE and open source Monitor Control found on Github.

Monitor Control

The instructions are simple to follow and the result is full control of the brightness and volume levels on the external monitors. Now, the volume up/down keys on my external keyboard work. To change brightness, use the scroll lock and pause/break keys on non-mac keyboards.

I have been looking for this for a loooooong time.

How do I control volume and brightness on external monitors connected by Displayport and/or HDMI monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.