Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match will not play on my iPhone

When I try to play music uploaded to itunes match on my iphone, i get an error message "this device is already associated with an Apple ID"

I have only one Apple-ID and this ID is also on my iPad where i do not have any problems with iTunes match. I have an active Music subscription.

I have tried to log of and log on the phone, and it is the same.

The phone is also listed as my device under apple id settings on both iPhone and iPad.

Any tips?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 2:16 AM

7 replies

Feb 16, 2022 7:16 AM in response to bjørn194

Hi bjørn194,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having some trouble with your associated devices, correct? If so, we would love to help see if we can get the issue resolved for you. Let's go ahead and follow the steps we've linked for you below.

View and remove your devices that are associated with Apple ID purchases

Please let us know how it goes. We're always happy to help.

Cheers!

Feb 16, 2022 2:50 PM in response to ryane77

Hello. I’ve also had this issue and found that this solution did not work as I already tried that. I recently formatted my old phone (gave it out) and got a new one but haven’t been able to play non Apple Music songs on my iTunes on my new phone (iTunes Match.) Everything works fine on my new phone with my Apple ID (iMessage, iCloud, App Store, Apple Music, etc.) but I just can’t seem to get my music to play. I keep getting this error message

iTunes match will not play on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.