Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mail outlook email account stopped sending emails

My outlook email address has stopped sending mail, despite the same email account behaving perfectly well on my iPhone with the same settings which I’ve checked and double checked. Nothing has changed (except maybe an Apple update) but it stopped working about 2 weeks ago. Incoming mail isn’t affected.

I thought to start with it was because it was Pop account, but I added another imap version and it still won’t send. That account will also receive but not send. It’s quite bizarre

I've soft reset, I’ve closed all apps down.

There is no reason why this shouldn’t work, it it keeps saying server not responding (when it clearly is on my Mac and iPhone ).

it’s a 2020 iPad Air.

Any ideas anyone?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 4:14 AM

3 replies

Feb 16, 2022 7:28 AM in response to janie_burmy

Hi janie_burmy,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're unable to send email from your Outlook email account on your iPad, but the account works fine on your iPhone. Let's help!

To confirm, are you adding your Outlook account into the built-in Mail app on iPad? If so, the steps here can be helpful for this issue: If you can’t send email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. It will lead you to removing your email account and setting it up again on the iPad.

Also to confirm, did you use the Mail Settings Lookup tool to confirm those email account settings? Because that server alert would indicate an issue with the outgoing mail server settings. Here's the tool to confirm: Mail - Official Apple Support

Best regards.

iPad mail outlook email account stopped sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.