Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can High Sierra and Monterey share the same iCloud desktop?

After updating to Monterey, the syncing is not working. I doubt many people do this, but I have a 2010 macBook Pro that I use in my workshop for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. There are, of course, other ways to do it, but it was handy to share desktops.

I didn't have problems with Big Sur.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 3:41 AM

I worked or left it on all day and it did not change anything on the desktop. The next day I turned it back on and it immediately started syncing. I’m guessing that it had prepared for the sync, but required a reboot before continuing. Pretty much how many updates work.

Restarting iCloud was a good line of thinking, but perhaps because of pre-sync prep work. Patience and a restart is still required.

Note: I was not patient about it, I simply did mot have time to deal with it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 3:41 AM in response to leroydouglas

I worked or left it on all day and it did not change anything on the desktop. The next day I turned it back on and it immediately started syncing. I’m guessing that it had prepared for the sync, but required a reboot before continuing. Pretty much how many updates work.

Restarting iCloud was a good line of thinking, but perhaps because of pre-sync prep work. Patience and a restart is still required.

Note: I was not patient about it, I simply did mot have time to deal with it.

Feb 16, 2022 8:45 AM in response to paulie88

paulie88 wrote:

After updating to Monterey, the syncing is not working. I doubt many people do this, but I have a 2010 macBook Pro that I use in my workshop for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. There are, of course, other ways to do it, but it was handy to share desktops.

I didn't have problems with Big Sur.

You can try signing out of iCloud and back in again....

If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won't sync

some discussion here..ref:

iCloud Drive folder is not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.