Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey, Mail, Import-Mailboxes Won't Die

Each time I launch mail, it adds an Import-Mailbox to "On My Mac" (the local account).

Each mailbox has the same content. These emails appear randomly selected, with dates from 2011 to 2021. I've not been able to locate the source.

I can delete the emails in these mailboxes, but not the mailboxes themselves. I can rename one of these mailboxes, but the renamed mailbox can't be deleted. At this writing, there are 32. I've given up closing mail.app...

Thoughts?

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 3:19 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 16, 2022 1:12 PM in response to jtmcnulty

Hello there jtmcnulty,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

We understand you're seeing these multiple imported mailboxes showing here. To get started, are these mailboxes syncing with a specific email account that you use on this Mac, or are they just saved locally under the On My Mac section?

If they sync with an email account, do you see those same inboxes when you check your email via Safari or in a web browser?

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

Monterey, Mail, Import-Mailboxes Won't Die

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.