Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ECG App not working with Series 7 watch and iPhone 13 mini

The ECG app will not complete setup on iPhone 13 mini.

When I click on the ECG app on the Series 7 watch I receive a message that says to complete the setup in in the Health App. When I open the ECG app within the Health app on the iPhone 13 mini there is no ability to complete a setup. I have rebooted both devices; have reset the settings in the iPhone, but nothing solves the issue. All software downloads are current in both devices.

Thanks in advance for any help.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 6:39 PM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2022 7:59 PM in response to And1125

I'm looking at the support document I linked you to. There is a section about completing the setup and a statement about what to do if there is a problem.

Install and set up the ECG app

The ECG app  is installed during the ECG app setup in the Health app. Follow these steps to set up the ECG app:

1. Open the Health app on your iPhone. 
  2. Follow the onscreen steps. If you don't see a prompt to set up, tap the Browse tab, then tap Heart > Electrocardiograms (ECG) > Set Up ECG App. 
  3. After you complete set up, open the ECG app  to take an ECG.

If you still don’t see the app on your Apple Watch, open the Watch App on your iPhone and tap Heart. In the ECG section, tap Install to install the ECG app.

The ECG app isn't available in every country or region. Learn where the ECG app is available.

I'm guessing that you are in an area that supports the ECG. If you are still unable to complete the configuration of the ECG, I suggest that you use the Get Support link at the top of the page here to contact Apple Support for assistance.

Feb 15, 2022 7:21 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris, Thank you for responding but the link provided is assuming that the setup completed between the watch and the iPhone. That is where the breakdown is. The watch directs me to complete the setup in the Health App on the phone but the phone appears to have an incomplete setup for the ECG and no way to delete or reset the app. I appreciate you trying to help me out of this one :)

ECG App not working with Series 7 watch and iPhone 13 mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.