Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When trying to fix a word in a sentence?

I am new to iPhone. On the android you can simply touch anywhere in a sentence to go to that spot. I am not able to do this easily on the iPhone , sometimes the cursor will go to the end or beginning of a word. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting to fix this. It is very annoying to try to tap 10 times only to realize I’ve got to kinda slide my finger over the word and hope I’m in the right spot when I lift it. Any help is appreciated

Posted on Feb 15, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 10:00 AM

Relax. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. You have to wait for someone to read your question and if they can answer, they will provide one. It can take time.

Now, you can touch in a work and can get the insertion point at that point, but using a finger for something finite like that is difficult. So press and hold and you will get a small magnifying glass and can slide it back and forth to get it to the exact location you wish for it to be at.

Hope that helps.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 10:00 AM in response to Ferndog76

Relax. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. You have to wait for someone to read your question and if they can answer, they will provide one. It can take time.

Now, you can touch in a work and can get the insertion point at that point, but using a finger for something finite like that is difficult. So press and hold and you will get a small magnifying glass and can slide it back and forth to get it to the exact location you wish for it to be at.

Hope that helps.

When trying to fix a word in a sentence?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.