How do I tap to select text mid-word?

So far I am only able to either 1) select and hold the cursor over text to activate a magnifying glass where I can place the cursor between characters, or 2) hold onto the space bar to navigate the cursor through the text. But I am unable to just tap on the exact location within a word that I want to edit. I'm a prolific typo-maker and spell check isn't great, so I like being able to quickly go back and edit what I've written. The tap/hold/scroll action as well as only being able to select between words feels slow, unintuitive and imprecise.

It can't be a touch screen accuracy issue, I'm able to do that on my 6 year old Android I have laying around. The iPhone 13 pro has to be a far more capable smart phone, so I’m hoping it’s a setting that I missed. I can’t find anything on google so far. Thanks for reading!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 12:05 AM

Use Keypad as Trackpad on an iPhone by holding the space bar. Watch the GIF below

How to select Word (Double Tap), Whole Text (Tap and Hold and Select All or Select for the next word)

Similar questions

1 reply

How do I tap to select text mid-word?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.