Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking unwanted callers and texters

In IOS 15.2.1 I can no longer block unwanted numbers, whether texts or actual calls. The instruction is to tap the arrow next to the caller name or number and choose "block this call" or tap the text message picture or number and scroll dow to do the same thing. Used to work fine, but those choices are gone in 15.2.1 Why? and How can I regain the option to block?

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:06 AM

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone

1. Tap Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail. Tap, next to the number or contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.
  2. Tap Contacts, tap the contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support

You may --> Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Als you have an option to --> Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone ...

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 8:06 AM in response to Atkinsj

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone

1. Tap Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail. Tap, next to the number or contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.
  2. Tap Contacts, tap the contact you want to block, scroll down, then tap Block this Caller.

Avoid unwanted calls on iPhone - Apple Support

You may --> Detect and block spam phone calls - Apple Support

Als you have an option to --> Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone ...

Feb 16, 2022 12:45 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks for your response. I understand what you are saying about reporting.

What I want to do is block any caller I want immediately. I have been doing it just as Apple still recommends in their help pages. But as of today that procedure no longer works, because no option to “block this caller” or number appears.

When did that happen and why. It was very useful. My business has to be open to new business from unsolicited callers/texters. Some send messages I don’t want to hear, like a sales pitch for their product or service or a political this or that. I want to block them immediately forever.

Feb 16, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Atkinsj

Report spam or junk messages

With iMessage, a message you receive from someone who isn’t saved in your contacts might be identified as possible spam or junk. You can report these messages to Apple.

In the message, tap Report Junk, then tap Delete and Report Junk.

The sender’s information and the message are sent to Apple, and the message is permanently deleted from your device.

Note: Reporting junk or spam doesn’t prevent the sender from sending messages, but you can block the number to stop receiving them.

To report spam or junk messages you receive with SMS or MMS, contact your carrier.

Feb 16, 2022 12:57 PM in response to SravanKrA

SravanKrA. I apologize for reading your later message before I saw that this one. Yes, I can do as you suggest with the phone. It works nicely.

Now I want to do that same thing with unwanted text messages. I am getting lots of them lately. Some are scams, but others are overzealous operatives of causes I generally support and want to stay in contact with, but do not want their intrusive text messages. They can eMail me, but I will not let them turn all my communication resources into their fund raising tools.

Thanks.

Blocking unwanted callers and texters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.