Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Used AirPods

I just bought a pair of used AirPods and I can’t use the Find My option because it’s linked to the last owners Apple ID. Is there a way to unlink the AirPods from their account?

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:27 PM

LeahMarie8 Said:

"Used AirPods: I just bought a pair of used AirPods and I can’t use the Find My option because it’s linked to the last owners Apple ID. Is there a way to unlink the AirPods from their account?"

-------

Disassociating AirPods:

No. Only the person to whom this Apple Account pertains can disassociate it from their Apple Account. So, contact that individual. Elsewise, they will never be under your own Apple Account

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2022 8:27 PM in response to LeahMarie8

LeahMarie8 Said:

"Used AirPods: I just bought a pair of used AirPods and I can’t use the Find My option because it’s linked to the last owners Apple ID. Is there a way to unlink the AirPods from their account?"

-------

Disassociating AirPods:

No. Only the person to whom this Apple Account pertains can disassociate it from their Apple Account. So, contact that individual. Elsewise, they will never be under your own Apple Account

Used AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.